Sunday, June 05, 2011

scaredy cat

Because the unknown is really, really scary.

So what's new? Well, I'm off to Depok again. Though now for internal medicine. And at a different hospital. People are saying that it's going to be fine and all, but still, as my first major posting, this is kind off daunting. Almost finished packing, some stuff that I'm still using are out, but that's it. I'll throw it in my luggage when I'm done and almost out the door probably.

Here come sleepless nights?

Heading out around noon, insyaAllah. The kos/kontrak has been confirmed. I think. If not, then yeah. Die lah, us. Still have to negotiate the entire rent though. There is a rather sad trend of overcharging for non-local people. Happens everywhere, I know. Still, sad, sad fact. We aren't made of money and coins, people.

I am scared, I admit. It's always the same feeling. Fear of the unknown, of some sorts. Because, yeah, we really don't quite know what we're supposed to be doing. But apparently, that's what the first week is for. Acclimatization. Getting used to new hospital = new rules. New behavioral patterns we have to adapt to. It's all fun.

InsyaAllah, to a good, educational, fun 10 weeks in internal medicine.

packing is such a drag

akunona

No comments: