Friday, December 16, 2011

The Epilogue of Dr. Skelling Tone : Part the Thousandth

The gentleman skeleton tipped his hat politely.

"Fine weather we seem to be having, do you not think so?" asked the gentleman skeleton, tipping his hat politely.

"Rather cold I should think," the young girl replied.

"Ah, but I find you to be rather under dressed in your night things. Pray tell, what are you doing out this lovely evening?"

The young girl looked up quizzically into the gentleman skeleton's empty eye sockets.

"But you have not yet introduced yourself. I would hardly tell a stranger as to what I am doing," she said.

"Ah, my apologies young girl. It appears my manners have left me as have my skin and musculature. Please, let me introduce myself; I am Dr. Skelling Tone. Pleased it is to meet your acquaintance," Dr. Skelling Tone bowed in a grand gesture.

The young girl could here his spine creak and she curtsied in reply.

"My name is Miss Lay Dei, this is Mr. Raggard Dei and we happen to be lost."

"But that is such a predicament Miss Lay Dei!" Dr. Skelling Tone exclaimed, his bones shuddering in empathy.

"It is rather troublesome, Dr. Skelling Tone, but it seems that we have taken a wrong turn after ToyLett Town going into Hallway Down, Mr. Raggard Dei here being reluctant to ask for directions." Miss Lay Dei explained, glaring slightly from the corner of her eyes at Mr. Raggard Dei who hung limply in her hand. He looked rather sorry.

"Well, have no fear, my dear, dear Miss Lay Dei. For I am a doctor! And I will give you directions! Where, pray tell, is it that you are heading towards?" Dr. Skelling Tone threw out his arms in another grand gesture.

Miss Lay Dei stared at where Dr. Skelling Tones bony feet did not touch the ground, her small features set into a frown.

"We were heading for the RedBoom before we lost our way."

"Oh, but the RedBoom!" Dr Skelling Tone exclaimed.

"Can you help us, Dr. Skelling Tone?"

"Why, I do believe I can, Miss Lay Dei! You are now in the Clow Zet and the RedBoom is not that far away. All you have to do is take four, three steps left till you get back to where you started, look up and you will have found yourselves before the RedBoom gates," Dr. Skelling Tone grinned, empty eye sockets dark with glee.

"Oh thank you, Dr. Skelling Tone. You have been of such help. Mr. Raggard Dei and I are very grateful," Miss Lay Dei exclaimed. Mr. Raggard Dei bounced hand in hand with Miss Lay Dei with joy. 

"It is a pleasure to be of service Miss Lay Dei." Dr. Skelling Tone bowed again, vertebrae clacking.

Miss Lay Dei curtsied in reply.

"Before I take my leave for the RedBoom, may I ask you one question Dr Skelling Tone? Disregarding this one of course." inquired Miss Lay Dei as she straightened from her curtsy.

"You may, my dear Miss Lay Dei."

"You are a doctor are you not, Dr. Skelling Tone? But what is that a doctor are you of?"

Dr. Skelling Tone laughed, a whispery timbre, like wind through bones.

"A simple doctor Miss Lay Dei. I am but Dr. Skelling Tone of the Clow Zet and it was a pleasure to meet you."

Miss Lay Dei smiled, Mr. Raggard Dei bounced, and Dr. Skelling Tone grinned his skull grin.

"The pleasure is all mine."





and he laughed, a whispery timbre, like wind through bones
akunona


NONA'S NOTES : I don't need to point out anything I think, since this is about as subtle as a flaming brick through your window. Grammar and I had a divorce recently. As you can see, it's very messy.

Just a random composition centered around a random doodle. Objects may appear closer than they seem.



2 comments:

sakeena said...

lovely dear, simply lovely.

akunona said...

thank you :)