Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In which it probably isn't fair

But that's how life is. And we're all grown up now. I mean, being almost 24 and all, there is a certain sense of conduct that is expected of you. And of course you expect the same out of other people. We've been doing this coass shit for a near on a year. At least some sense of professional decency should have been instilled in you people (though I would like to take this time to point my own finger at my own face and say that I would do well to practice what I preach). It's all good and fun of course. But yeah. Work is work. No matter what you say.

 
When a case happens, sometimes we have to write the reports. And there will always be a pair that must do the editing. It's already been settled. Everyone knows they'll get a turn. But when you deliberately snap at other people's head, harping on them about late papers when you did it too when it was other people's turn to be editor. When you don't have a certain sense of consideration towards other people's condition. When, without even any reason, you want to snap at everything and everybody because your job isn't easy, and threatening the pair after you that it would be difficult, just wait until it's your turn, then you'll know what I feel. Yeah. It's all about you. You're really fucking everything. Everyone should follow your every want and whim. Nobody else has any say.

Yes, I understand, the job's not easy. There's a hell lot of editing to do. And given that the format is very particular, even I can't guarantee that I'll not lose my patience when it's my turn. But, everyone went home late yesterday. Everyone was tired. I mean, we worked the same case. You should have realized other people's conditions. Not everyone could have gotten it ready by 700 sharp the next day. Not when you didn't mention anything. And the deadline's not even for another 24 hours. But then you just had to go harping at everyone. Snidely commenting on other people's incompetence and how you're the only one to suffer. Because you're such a martyr. Because everyone should understand you're doing for us, when in reality, you're only doing it for you. You wanted to get the job done fast so you could go walk around. Tour the sights. You wanted everyone to knuckle down and get their part of the job done, and not make any mistakes, while you keep on harping about the correct way to do the formatting. And everyone IS knuckling down and doing their job to the best of their abilities. And yet you keep on snapping and sniping and moaning and groaning and making PEOPLE MAD! And no one can even comment on your work ethic, because you're doing this for us. We should all be grateful. Kiss your coattails, wipe the sweat of your heavily sweating brow while you edit the final report by simply COPY AND PASTING EACH OF OUR PRE-WRITTEN PARTS and not even having to type the other shit because we have a template that you only need to read and adjust accordingly and the only difficult part is that blasted format that everyone has to wrestle with.

Being nice can get you places faster you know. And maybe, if you are really concerned on getting this shit done faster, you could've set a deadline for us. Say nicely, please get your parts ready for me by noon. We'd have probably taken to it that much more easier. Please make sure you get the formatting right. Not, oh my god, this should be so and so like so. Because when you do it like so, it makes my job more difficult! snap-snap-snipe.

And then you snap at me. Because I had the gall to chide you for your admittedly rather lacking work ethic. HOW DARE YOU. saying that I shouldn't be angry when you're clearly doing this for US. JUST WAIT UNTIL IT'S YOUR TURN AND I WILL SEE YOU SUFFER, you cry. Sure. I will. I don't deny that. But at least I'll try to be considerate to other people.

I've been patient with you for so long. You don't even know it! You cry. Fine, thanks for your unending wealth of patience and good will that you have so much of that you simply must bring it up right now in an argument that has NOTHING TO DO with our lives outside work. That's why I'm sitting here typing into my laptop with as much force as possible while you are trying to sleep because I know you'll be patient and not be angry at me for typing really loudly at ten thirty at night. Because you're such a wonderful person. We should all strive to be like you.

Maybe I'll just skip waking you up tomorrow morning too. Since I'm sure your good will won't find it in you to bring it up and be mad at me. Because you've already sacrificed your day of watching dramas on your computer for us, it being your turn to do the editing for our report.

You are working in a team. If I get crap from the others because I had the gall to comment on your work ethics, which I did, then so be it. Because apparently, everyone should accept it. Because it's you. I get crap all the time because apparently, it's me.

Until you realize that the world does not revolve around your ass then I will not respect you. Not even when you become a doctor. Because even then, I would not want to be a part of your team too. I can't see you as a colleague.

In return, I'll try to be better

akunona

but meanwhile;



No comments: