Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Di bawah cuaca

A direct translation for Under the Weather which unfortunately brings no meaning what so ever.
So I'm sick.

I haven't been sick for a while actually. It's starting to become a rather novel experience. Not really. Throbbing headache aside, I feel fine already. Had a bit of a fever yesterday which I handled by mostly sleeping it off because I'd run out of paracetamol. Odd, that. Since that's basically my mum's answer to everything. Not that she's far off, since that's what mostly us kids complain about. Oh, and Vicks. Mum really loves Vicks. I haven't any of that though right now. Finished my last jar years ago.

No real thing to write about but I was thinking about the various instances in which I was sick during these Coass year and a half. The most memorable being the fainting incident of IPD posting. Though to be fair, I was exhausted and dehydrated. Hahaha. Memories, that one. Very fond ones.

Then the Bile-Puking-incident of Pediatrics posting in which I puked for the entire night I was on call and still had to go on stand by in the OT for a cesarean. That one makes top list as well. Sad that no one did anything but let me sleep. I doubt my doctor even knew I was sick. Huh.

Also in IPD posting was the Viral-Incident-of-really-high-fever-and-diarrhea in which I touched 40 degrees in one night. And I was scheduled for on call as well, though I was better by the afternoon. They thought I had measles that time. I was pretty much convinced it was viral. Seeing as that particular incident resolved by the afternoon, I'm pretty sure I'm right. I remember that one particularly because we had an emergency case that night and every time I called my consultant to report the patient he would ask me if I was alright and made me promise to rest up if I was feeling peaky again.

After that, not really a lot of bad incidences. Just your random fevers and headaches. But I get tension type headaches on a regular basis. So no worries.

No one ever fusses over me though. They just let me sleep. haha.  And I'm just starting to realize that my most memorable incidences of being sick only happens at that one hospital. Either they're working me too hard or the food around there is really bad. So huh.

I'm glad I had all these experiences though. Builds character? Haha. Though my friends would probably call me crazy and then scream at me for expecting them to do the same. Wouldn't be the first time. I love you anyways :)

So yeah. I'd better go take something for this monster of a headache and go to sleep. May this headache be gone by morning.

alternate title : I have a headache the size of my brain

akunona

No comments: