Saturday, March 07, 2009

Potrait: Arashi


Matsumoto Jun



Ninomiya Kazunari


Aiba Masaki




Sakurai Sho



Ohno Satoshi
Time: Ages... I can safely say more than a week though time spent on each potrait is varied
Tools: 2B, HB, 4H, 7B pencils and 2B mech pencil
Again, I took a picture and uploaded it. So, the quality is bad and some of them turn out having some kind of weird angle. I should invest in a scanner...


My self imposed holiday project is finally finished!!!! Yatta!!!
What? What better thing to do to waste my time is there?
Actually, I wanted to arrange them in age order but the damn thing just won't do what I want it to. Or maybe I'm just that technologically illiterate... which isn't that far from the truth either...
Anyway, my thoughts on the whole project...
Ohno-san: His hair was the hardest to draw... (T_T;;). Really, I think I spent the most time drawing his hair. In the end.... I only like his hair... Hahahaha... (;^_A
Sho-chan: I drew him twice. hahaha... So difficult!!! The first potrait was scratched and I did this one next... I'm actually, still not happy with it. Something is just off.
Aiba-chan: Aiba-chan was hard to draw as well. I couldn't get the smile and the teeth right. I still haven't gotten it right. (>_<;) .... the nose is kinda off too...
Nino: Haha... I'm biased on this because he's my Ichiban. I want it to be perfect... it isn't..... there are so many things wrong, I don't know where to start... lol... I sorta made myself stop drawing.... lol. In this picture that I uploaded, there's something off with his hair. Some light is reflected and because I have no idea how, I couldn't repair it. Anyway, I like Nino's hair longer. But his hair in the Believe PV is also mecha kakkoi...
Matsujun: Most recently finished (because I also drew them in age order. Hahaha). last night actually. There's something off with his neck now that I'm looking at it properly... Maybe I'll repair it later... hahha... uploading it though.... yeah... maybe.... Anyway, his came together pretty quickly, haha, though the hair was a bit of a problem. Truthfully, this is sort of a revenge picture. haha... I drew a potrait of him last time (look at "Potrait: Matsumoto Jun" entry). At the time, I thought it was OK...now I think it's embarassing (knowing me, I'll probably find this collection embarrassing sometime too)...
So I tried hard to make this one look nicer. It does, but there're somethings I could repair...


All in all.... more room for improvement, yes? hahaha... honestly, if I were to take hold of a pencil right now, I'd probably be doing repairs on the potraits. But I had serious fun doing this. I felt a sense of accomplishment when i finished this... lol...even though the end result is far from good....
I'm no art student, I'm just doing this for fun so I have no idea if I'm even doing this the right way. (Is there a right way to draw a potrait anyway? There probably is)...
Anyway!!! comments are appreciated... I'd like to know how I can improve. Now I'm learning how to do this by trial and error... Soooo many errors... hahaha

On another note, I just watched the anime version of Believe... I didn't actually understand the story (if there is a story at all behind it) but I liked the way they incoporated each members quirks in the anime... Sho and his newscasting, Ohno and his fishing, Aiba and his animals, Nino and his gaming (well, he was playing a game in the beginning... I don't actually understand why he was in a garden... gomen...) and Matsujun just being kakkoi.. hahaha
fav scene... Aiba catching the puppies. I'd probably watch it again and again just for that scene. Haha....
Over all... very cute. hahaha...


A very long entry no? Ah well.... the end...
.::*carboncakedarashian*::.
~AkUnOnA~






No comments: