Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jar of Hearts

I opened this window not knowing what I wanted to write about. I never actually do, but sometimes I do have a rough draft in my head.

But not tonight.

The title for this post is the title of the song that I am currently listening to. It's a rather sad song. A melancholic kind of melody but I'm not really paying any attention towards the lyrics.

I'm pretty OK. Content I suppose. Sometimes I miss my family and my friends back at home, but that's usual. You get homesick like you get the cold. It hits you suddenly, then after maybe three days or less, it'll go away. Sometimes I'm bored to tears but I suppose I can still find things to do to fill my time. I should study of course. I can't really afford to fail again. But you know how it is. You know, some people might think that I study all the time, but not really. I mean, I laze about a lot. My allotted study time is pretty much the same as any other average student.

Recently, someone told me that I looked intelligent. That I had the look of someone smart. I said thanks and thought that this is the source of my problems, and maybe the main reason I can bullshit pretty good sometimes. I don't know myself. Though, on the other hand I have also been told that I look scary. And I'm rather violent. What with my daily death threats to my siblings. But they're my siblings. You know how it goes. Talking about siblings, I was looking through my picture folder when I came across a picture of my littlest brother. I wonder if he actually thinks of me as a real sister? I mean, yeah. What can I actually say? I've only met him once. And he's too small yet. Maybe when he's older? Maybe when things work out? I don't know. Would he take my death threats seriously? I know the others just laugh at them.

I haven't had to sleep on a bunk bed for 5 years and yet, here i am typing on my laptop from my top bunk. I did mention that we moved, yes? Here I have the top bunk in a room shared by three people, though I am going to have it all to myself this two weeks while the others go of to the hospital.

I got a few magazines the other day, Japanese magazines. Heh. But really, I can read a little of them, and I can get what they are trying to say most of the time but I can only do this bit by bit because, it is tiring. You might not believe that reading can actually be tiring but, believe me, it is. I'm self taught, and for the kanji I mostly do a lot of guess work. In a way, it's like a miracle that I can actually get what they're saying. Though really, for every 10 short sentences, I understand -fully- maybe around one and a half sentences only. When I think about it, I maybe doing this whole Japanese language thing wrong. Ah well. Who's to say?

Just thought I'd open a window and just type tonight. Would you believe me if I said that what I say usually goes through at least two to three strainers? It's really lame. But I just edited this. Again. Oh dear.

As I write this, I'm actually listening to Justin Bieber. I have no idea either.

I would like to write a message to a person who will never read this anyway but yeah, that's life, and I am poultry: Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Take a lot of liquids. Drink 100 plus for electrolytes and also lots of plain water. You're feeling weak because you're getting dehydrated. I don't know what meds to recommend you for the food poisoning (yes I am stupid, and I forgot), sorry. But yeah. Liquids. And I suppose just wait it out. And hygiene. Hope you get well soon.

Did I mention I was some species of poultry? Yeah, well.

I recently realize I have an almost uniform length for my posts. Here's to hoping I break it in this post. ;)

Wake up Call

akunona

p/s: Closing line is a song title too.

2 comments:

techtikus said...

chicken?

akunona said...

cock-a-doodle-doo...