Monday, May 24, 2010

Life

Life is as usual. Nothing more nothing less

I finally got a day out after two weeks of holing up at home, studying. or pretending to.

Went to the Px pavilion today with Aqilah. I've been meaning to for ages. There is a TIMES bookstore there. And if you know me, this is BIG. the is so big, it is ridiculous.

Anyway, I am happy with the English book selection over there. I had targeted around 5 books, but yeah, money. I have none. So bought only 2 books in the end. "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" which I have been meaning to get for ages and "Perdido Street Station". I have no idea about the last book, it just seemed interesting.

I actually have already read THGttG before, while I was in matriculation. It was a very old library book and it had all volumes combined which made it awesome. I loved reading that book. :)

Anyway, after that we got caught in the rain for a bit before we finally found an Angkut and headed to PURI mall to do some lunch. It was Secret Recipe and it was awesome. I now have two cheesecakes waiting for me in the fridge. Because I already ate the third one. Haha.

And I bought a dress. A really cute knee length floral printed blue dress. You have not misread, I did, actually buy a dress. And I am gonna wear it. Soon. Maybe. When I'm brave enough.

Aqi mentioned this to while we were clothes browsing. She realized that now, when she goes shopping or walking around she tends to look to blouses and stuff. Ladies things. Sophisticated things. Button down shirt things. She said she thinks that it's a part of growing up. Our tastes are changing, we're dressing smarter. We're trying to make an impression.

I agree with her, yeah. I dress different sometimes. In little pieces, I think I'll change. I'll grow up. It's inevitable.

But right now? Right now, I swear to myself, if I ever go shopping some more, that I'll never forget to look at the t-shirts. The ones with the funky designs, and catchy phrases. The ones with cute pictures and random prints.

Because I'm not ready to grow up yet.



t-shirtjeansandsneakersFTW

AkuNoNA


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ayoyo anona people grow up but still retain the childishness somewhat..grown up people are not much fun they are beset with responsibility they need to think soberly ( ouch ) they need to weigh the + and - of every decisions, booringggg....but events sometimes make you grow up whether you like it or not.. which is bummer..

akunona said...

which is also true. but i can't think that i'm grown up yet. i refuse to? or rather, i'd like to retain at least a sense of childishness. I'm still 21. i don't have to be serious all the time. but the way they say it, it was like i was expected to be grown up just because right now i'm already 20. why should i hurry? and besides, i already have the gray hairs. :D