Thursday, August 25, 2011

have a random picture



Last weekend we (that is, my groupmates in this posting and I) went to the beach and then to Borobudur. Have a random pose I did when my friend asked me to and I was actually talking to my mum on the phone and wasn't actually thinking.



UMI DA!!!

On the subject of Borobudur, really majestic looking. I wished I had more time to trawl around the museums they have around there but we were in a rush to get back because the rental time for our car was coming to an end. What struck me the most was how this huge thing almost seemed like a puzzle. How they fit the blocks together. And the fines craftsmanship of the carvings along the wall. Rather awe inspiring.

Small happening, a small group of tourists from Japan came by while Mira and I were resting. I heard them talking and without actually thinking, I said

"Ah, Nihon-jin da." = "Ah, japanese"

And one of them apparently heard me and turned around towards us. I thought I had been rather rude, so I nodded my head at her, waved, smiled and said "Konnichiwa".

She said "Konnichiwa" back, looking rather perplexed and went back to her group.

I kind of still think I had been rather rude. I have no idea why.

Oh, and they had an Indonesian tour guide with them and seriously, he was speaking Japanese so fluently that I was rather impressed and not a little jealous. I wonder if he went to class for it?

Anyway, that's all for this random post. May we meet again.



koas rsmata yap di candi borobudur


with a random pose for effect

akunona

No comments: