Monday, August 15, 2011

in which life is lived out of suitcases


Which is my current view on co-ass ship. There are no clothes drawers. Anywhere.

Hi

So here I am in Yogyakarta for my fourth posting which is opthalmology. RSM dr Yap. Yeay. I don't know. Apparently it's one of the more... lax (?) postings. Not a lot of things to do, but quite a lot to learn. If you're willing. We'll see how I go.

I miss internal already. Yes, because I am nerd like that. I can safely say that I love internal medicine. As horrifying and brain squeeze inducing as that sounds, I loved it. I was really sad when it finally ended, last Saturday. My doctor was/is amazingly, awesome. You have no idea.

Back to Jogja and Opthalmology. Here with Mira. We have a room in the hospital mess. Ladies get one house, guys get another. It's okay but the mattress has clearly seen better days. Lying on it is akin to lying on wood. God knows how many people have slept on it all these years of interchanging coass-es. The room is reasonably large, no wardrobe, one fan, and one drawer to put stuff, but maybe not clothes, in. We're living out of our suitcases, and already planning to go back to Jakarta for raya because we're the only ones actually celebrating out of our current group and it'll generally be too sad if we had to stay here for the celebration.

First day, skema-ness dictates we'll be going in at 0700am. I have yet to take a bath but I will after this, I promise. It's been ages since I had to live in a dorm like situation (though this is a house) where the first rule is always toilet privileges. If you have lived at a boarding school for over 5 years, there is nothing more important than toilet privileges. Except for maybe the "your bed is your private space" rule. Not exactly looking forward to this since yesterday I was still feeling melancholic over having finished internal posting and leaving Simpangan. Because, dammit Medicine posting was the best posting yet. And I miss my girls. As lame as that sounds.

So anywho. 0500 am. Would like to go pray and take a bath now. And maybe a short nap before having to get ready for first day. Why can't they post us to hospitals and finish our entire posting there rather than having to move everywhere every time we change postings? At least first day adaptation to new environments won't have to happen so often.





tour of duty

akunona

No comments: