Friday, April 17, 2009

My feet are Killing Me. Chapter 2- Grand Indonesia


ain, myself, ezzah, wan and aqi at the Japan level



This is very much long overdue... The theme for the "My feet are Killing Me" series is the places I went during that four (+ one) days holiday that I had last week. But my procrastination prevails and not to mention we also had a BBQ to prepare and by the end of it all, I was too tired to think of what to write.

So, last Saturday, we went here. Grand Indonesia Mall. The mall itself is the same as any other malls but what we wanted to see that day was the two upper levels. Where the aptly named "Crossroads of The World" is placed.


These two floors are decorated and designed to reflect different places of the world, complete with time period attached. There's the Japanese area, the Morrocan area, one sort of European styled but I'm not familiar enough to associate it to what part of Europe exactly, New York sometime in the past (again not familiar enough to associate the correct timeline) and Soho.

What really made me love this place was the attention to detail. Every aspect of the place was decorated to reflect the theme. Even the toilets and the signs!

We actually spent sometime going to the toilets on every floor to gawk.

Here are some of my favourite pictures of the day. Uploading all would be stupid and take too long, so, feast your eyes on the details....

dozo~

a Japanese themed lamp


European theme... where exactly?

the toilet at the New York themed floor



again New York



China Town
There are actually so much lovely pictures of the place but picking a favourite to upload here is rather difficult.
As for me, being rather enamoured with Japanese culture, of course I loved the Japan theme the most. (^_^)
There is also one more very IMPORTANT thing that happened during my visit to Grand Indonesia but I shall honor it with its own entry. Those who know me well probably can already guess what this leads to.....

~myfeetmyfeetmyfeetmyfeet~
AkUnOnA



No comments: