Friday, April 17, 2009

OMG!!! Fly my money fly...

In which Nona fails and flails with furious abandon.

You see, when we went to the Grand Indonesia Mall, I had a target in mind; To go to Kinokuniya. I've never actually been to Kinokuniya surprisingly, me being a bookworm and all that, but that's the truth. Generally, my whole family frequents MPH more with a side dish of Popular.


Pokoknya, I've never been to Kino...


So, after lunch at the food court (mie tarik, Sedap gak), we headed down to Kinokuniya.

When we got there, I was very happy to see that they had a larger selection of english books compared to Gramedia, so I was all set on buying one because, hey, it's not exactly often that I can go there right? After around 20-30 minutes of book browsing, I decided on a book and then went around the store to look around.

Then lo and behold, just as I set foot into the Japanese section I saw...this;

ARASHI 2009-2010 calendar.

Good god, I squealed. Right then and there in the store, I was going "kyaaaaa~" like crazy and my heart was actually beating so hard, it's funny.

I mean, really, this kind of reaction, for a CALENDAR??? But it was no ordinary, I tell you, it's an ARASHI calendar.

The part of my brain that is actually half-sane wishes to point out, "as if this makes any difference".

The other part says, "OF COURSE. It makes all the difference in the world!!!!"


So, in all my squealing and heart-pounding excitement, I grabbed it and went to the counter..... and BOUGHT IT!!!!!!


I have an ARASHI CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*coughhyperventilatescough*


Ok, back to normal. As, I was saying, I bought that calendar. No matter what my friends told me, I still bought that calendar (sidenote: thanks Aqilah for understanding my insanity). The price.......... shall not be stated here due to the possibility of an induced heart-attack in certain parental figures. But I think I'll tell her anyway, when she asks. Complete with conversion to RM.....

What was in the box? A calendar and a diary. Complete with pages and pages of pictures.

Pictures, pictures, pictures and more pictures!

I swear I'm never ripping this calendar and when 2010 comes, I'll take each page and frame it. Frame it I tell you!!!

What? The thing's too darn expensive to be thrown out after just one year!

And the diary..... ooohhh the diary. The diary and the pictures.......

there are no words to describe how happy I am, so here are some pictures of my pride and joy.

Forgive the poor quality, I was too excited and now I'm too lazy to take more pretty pictures...


the box: front
the box: back

the calendar


the diary
And now, a short review:



The calendar: I'm not a fan of the theme. SURPRISE!! LOL.


You'd think that a rabid fangirl like me would like this, but surprisingly, no. I do not like the calendar's theme. There are 7 pages including the cover. One page featuring each member and a group picture on the last page. The theme: sexy. Sexy pictures all around. Just, well, I prefer their wholesome look more maybe? And some of the pictures were, well, garish. I mean, red rose petals? Really red suits?


Just...no.


Oh yeah, they even included some stickers. I'm still figuring where the heck am I going to paste these...



The diary: I heart this book.


It's more of a photobook than a diary really. Sort of home themed, Arashi during winter? More character based, I'd say. Matsujun reading, Nino with a guitar, Sho writing raps, Aiba tinkering with a bike and Ohno fishing. Group pictures of them being 'Arashi' (fangirls will understand this even if the normal folk don't).


In short, I HEART this diary.


So, the main question: Did I regret my purchase?


HECK NO.





~Iamonehappychick~

AkUnONA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was what you were mumbling on in our conversation. i believe the price was not mentioned anywhere. but one thing for certain i cant hear very well in phone conversation. so my VERY DEAR (DEAR understand?) girl, how much did you pay for a bunch of japanese boys' picture ( woo how brave of me - could she kill me with her look for daring to belittle arashi?)

you were thinking of some parental objection, so has to make that come true..

love u - not arashi..

akunona said...

don't understand the DEAR bit...

the price: ehem2

Rp502000 = RM 200.80

erm... yeah...give or take.

ermmmmm...ehehehe?