Saturday, October 02, 2010

this is your friendly neighbourhood workaholic speaking

I am still in a very relaxed mood.
Still very lazy to start my work again. So I'm taking the day off.
I feel that I deserve at least a day.
I'll start my report tomorrow. InsyaAllah. It's due Friday anyway, so, I need to get it done by Wednesday at the latest. OMG

Anyway, I was reading a manga just now. In the manga, the main character was reading a manga. One called "Sepatte Takuro" shortened to "SepaTaku". They then started talking about how awesome that manga was. How their favorite attack was named "The Scissors Kick" and how it was so creative of the manga-ka to think up a game that combined volley ball and football (soccer).

Then in the note accompanying the manga, the translator started saying that this "Sepatte Takuro" seemed like a made up name, for a made up sport, as far as he/she knew.

I burst a gut laughing.

They were talking about Sepak Takraw.

The translator, proceeded to correct the mistake in the next chapter, but they still owe me a new gut from laughing.

I know, I know, nerd alert. ;9

Made me wonder about the Sepak Takraw scene in Japan. And it seems that the game itself is still known as "Sepak Takraw". Which is kinda amazing, really.

I bought a crank up music box yesterday. Though, not really a box is it? It plays "Here comes the sun" which is kinda awesome. They had a bunch of Beatle songs. I was mulling between "Hey Jude" and "Here comes the sun".

Nothing much new in life. I am thinking up some stuff, but that shall remain a secret.

Either way, I hope it goes well.

onlyshe'snotreallyworking

AkunoNA

No comments: