Tuesday, June 01, 2010

of behavior

i seem to detect a pattern.

Recently, every time something seriously pisses me off, i sit back and smile. Like real, honest to god smile. I grin, laugh and might even giggle. All the spectrum of emotion depicting some sense of contentment or joy.

It's rather..... weird?

Recently, we went to celebrate some friends' birthday at an all you can eat restaurant. There were 21 of us in the party and some of us had arrived as early as 3.30 pm and all of us stayed until 7.30 pm.

Yeah, i know, i don't know what we ate either.

But that's not the point. The point is, that they gave us seats that apparently had been reserved. So, approaching the reserved time, they tried to get us to leave. There was even surreptitious (not) whispering of the waiting staff beside our table .

And we haven't even had cake yet!!!

Anyway, when I came back, we had all been moved to the next table. A table for eight, seating 21. Cramped, innit?

We negotiated and had them give us another free table. Because, dude, we be payin' customers. And it's their fault. We didn't even know that the tables had been reserved. But the manager/waitress in charge was clearly pissed off and spent the whole time clearing the table for us to sit slamming plates and cutlery together. I mean, yeah, she obviously used everything she had learnt in her service/hospitality training class that day.

So yeah, I was pissed off. Here we are, paying customers of an apparently quite high-class restaurant, and because of their mistake, they're pissed off at us. So, I sat at the table the lady was clearing, smiled at her, and said thanks.

Every time the lady passed by our table, I looked at her, tried to catch her eye, and smiled.

There was even once, a taxi driver who apparently didn't appreciate having to drive us to a near destination (near as it is, it isn't walkable) and didn't want to help us with our bags. Neither did he deem it worth the time to respond to our attempts at conversation. So, after we had cleared all the bags from the car, I said "thank you" and smiled. He responded with a "youp!!!"

Now, I am pissed off and what did I do? I smiled. Laughed. And sang a song.

I am not happy.

I am pissed off.

My god sarcasm is dead.


thoushaltnotputaknifeinasinkfullofwater

AkuNonA

No comments: